Download Basic and Applied Soil Mechanics by Gopal Ranjan for free. Direct Google drive link.
Why download from Engineering Ebookz
About Basic and Applied Soil Mechanics by Gopal Ranjan
Basic and Applied Soil Mechanics is intended for use as an up-to-date text for the two-course sequence of Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering offered to undergraduate civil engineering students. It provides a modern coverage of the engineering properties of soils and makes extensive reference to the Indian Standard Codes of Practice while discussing practices in Foundation Engineering. Some topics of special interest, like the Schmertmann procedure for extrapolation of field compressibility, determination of secondary compression, Lambe’s stress—path concept, pressure meter testing and foundation practices on expansive soils including certain widespread myths, find a place in the text.
The book includes over 160 fully solved examples, which are designed to illustrate the application of the principles of soil mechanics in practical situations. Extensive use of SI units, side by side with other mixed units, makes it easy for the students as well as professionals who are less conversant with the SI units, gain familiarity with this system of international usage. Inclusion of about 160 short-answer questions and over 400 objective questions in the Question Bank makes the book useful for engineering students as well as for those who are preparing for GATE, UPSC and other qualifying examinations
In addition to serving the needs of the civil engineering students, the book will serve as a handy reference for the practising engineers as well.
About the Author
Gopal Ranjan obtained his Ph.D. from the Technical University of Nova Scotia, Halifax, Canada. He joined the University of Roorkee in 1960 and became Professor in 1975 and Vice Chancellor in 1996. He is an active consultant. His research papers, numbering over a hundred and fifty five have been published in national and international journals and conferences. He is the author of three books widely used by engineering students. He was the President of the Indian Geotechnical Society during 1984–85. He is the recipient of Khosla research awards, Kuecklemann award and has been honored by the Southeast Asian Society for his services to the geotechnical community.
The Indian Geotechnical Society honored him with honorary fellowship at the Golden Jubilee Conference in Delhi in 1998. He is a fellow of Institution of Engineers (India), Indian Society of Earthquake Technology and Indian Society of Desert Technology. Also, he is a member of Indian Roads Congress, Indian Building Congress and Indian Society of Technical Education. He has chaired technical sessions at various conferences in India and abroad.
A S R Rao obtained his Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from National Institute of Engineering, Mysore and the University of Roorkee respectively. He taught for sometime at the AC College of Engineering and Technology, Karaikudi before joining the University of Roorkee in 1964 where he served as a Professor of Civil Engineering. He has been a member of the National Executive Committee of the Indian Geotechnical Society for three terms. He has been a member of several Committees of Bureau of Indian Standards. He is a fellow of the Institution of Engineers (India) and the Indian Geotechnical Society. He is also a life member of the Indian Society of Technical Education and Indian Society for Desert Technology. An active consultant in Geotechnical engineering, he has authored several papers in technical journals and conference proceedings and is the recipient of the award by the Union Ministry of Irrigation and Power
If you’re serious about your studies, you should consider buying the hardcopy of the book. The reason is the electronic devices divert your attention and also cause strains while reading eBooks. Kindly, help the author and buy it officially from the publishers and utilize your potential efficiently and with more confidence.
Table of Content
- The History of Robotics, Wesley L. Stone
- Rigid-Body Kinematics, Gregorg S. Chirikjian
- Inverse Kinematics, Bill Goodwine
- Newton-Euler Dynamics of Robots, Mark L. Nagurka
- Lagrangian Dynamics, Milo?s ? Zefran and Francesco Bullo
- Kane’s Method in Robotics, Keith W. Buffinton
- The Dynamics of Systems of Interacting Rigid Bodies, Kenneth A. Loparo and Ioannis S. Vakalis
- D-H Convention, Jaydev P. Desai
- Trajectory Planning for Flexible Robots, William E. Singhose
- Error Budgeting, Daniel D. Frey
- Design of Robotic End Effectors, Hodge Jenkins
- Sensors, Jeanne Sullivan Falcon
- Precision Positioning of Rotary and Linear Systems, Stephen Ludwick
- Modeling and Identification for Robot Motion Control, Dragan Kosti´c, Bram de Jager, and Maarten Steinbuch
- Motion Control by Linear Feedback Methods, Dragan Kosti´c, Bram de Jager, and Maarten Steinbuch
- Force/Impedance Control for Robotic Manipulators, Siddharth P. Nagarkatti and Darren M. Dawson
- Robust and Adaptive Motion Control of Manipulators, Mark W. Spong
- Sliding Mode Control of Robotic Manipulators, Hector M. Gutierrez
- Impedance and Interaction Control, Neville Hogan and Stephen P. Buerger
- Coordinated Motion Control of Multiple Manipulators, Kazuhiro Kosuge and Yasuhisa Hirata
- Robot Simulation, Lonnie J. Love
- Survey of Geometric Vision, Kun Huang and Yi Ma
- Haptic Interface to Virtual Environments, R. Brent Gillespie
- Flexible Robot Arms, Wayne J. Book
- Robotics in Medical Applications, Chris A. Raanes and Mohan Bodduluri
- Manufacturing Automation, Hodge Jenkins
Basic and Applied Soil Mechanics by Gopal Ranjan PDF
This website is created solely for the engineering students and graduates to download engineering e-books and other study materials for free of cost. Engineering Ebookz tries to help the students and others who cannot afford to buy books. If you think this Study Material/Book is useful, please get it legally from the publishers.
Engineering Ebookz does not own this book/materials, neither created nor scanned. we provide the links which are already available on the internet. For any queries, disclaimers are requested to kindly contact us.